Our Application Video (for Cut Decals), above, is a nice simple video showing how to appy them. Use the video, and instructions below, to apply your decals correctly.
Here's how to apply your vinyl cut stickers
Please ensure your hands are clean, and that the surface to be stuck to, is clean and grease free. You can use water or a Window Cleaning product for this i.e. Mr Muscle Window Cleaner.
Do not apply stickers in direct sunlight, or to a hot / cold surface
Your sticker is supplied on a backing sheet, with 'Application Tape' already attached for you. We have already used a squeegee to lay the tape, but it is recommended that you squeegee the Application tape, so that all the sticker comes away with the tape.
1. Lay the sticker on a hard flat surface, with the Application Tape facing towards you. Using a squeegee (or you can use a Credit Card as a squeegee, but avoid scratching through the tape), motion the squeegee from the inside moving outwards.
2. Once you are happy that the Application Tape is secure, peel away the tape, to reveal the vinyl design being taken from the backing sheet. Please do this very slowly, so the design comes away in one piece on the tape. If any of the design is being left behind, then relay the tape and squeegee once more.
3. Now you have the design on the Application Tape. Apply the tape to the previously cleaned surface, making sure it is straight, and where you need it to be (using a tape measure if you need to).
4. Now the sticker is attached to the correct area, use the squeegee, motioning the squeegee from the inside moving outwards from the design, to help the sticker adhere to the surface.
5. Now you are ready to reveal your design. Peel the Application Tape away from the design, and surface, at a 45 degree angle, ensuring none of the design comes away with the tape. Peel very slowly, to get the perfect result. If any of the design is being left behind, then relay the tape and squeegee once more.
You are now presented with your great new vinyl sticker design
Removal of Stickers The best way to remove self-adhesive vinyl is to use heat (although stickers applied to windows will normally peel away nicely) this is a MUST for removing from vehicle bodywork. Either a hairdryer or an heatgun can be used to create temperatures of at least 20 degrees Celsius, but care must be taken not to actually melt the vinyl. It should be heated so that once softened the corner can be lifted enough to start gently peeling back at 180 degrees, and slowly removed. Never pull the film towards yourself at 90o, always peel flat along the substrate at 180o to prevent damge to the surface underneath. Once the vinyl has been removed it will probably be neccesary to remove some residual adhesive. Any residual adhesive can be removed with normal cleaner used for the surface applied to.
If the file is not appearing for you, then you will need to download Adobe Reader to view the file. Please visit http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/